About Me

My photo
I am a Travel Entrepreneur and running an online travel company named ‘Travel Zone India’. I like to read and write at my free time. As per my thinking reading is just like meeting people and knowing them. And writing is like meeting my own self. I love to live in dream and there is a my kind of world within my thoughts. I am not a writer but writing is always been a way to express my own thoughts and feelings. I try to know views of others and try to pen it out with my own imagination.

Monday, September 5, 2011

What is HOBBY

hobby is a regular activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure, typically done during one's leisure time.

Hobbies are the most fruitful pastime harboring personal interest and enjoyment. Every person has a passion for something that he engages in leisure time. This activity of passion gets termed as hobbies. Common examples of hobbies are stamps collecting, creative or artistic pursuits, sports, gardening, cooking, reading etc. Hobbies help us to relax through the pursuit of some engagement that brings about personal fulfillment.
Hobbies are practiced for interest and enjoyment, rather than financial reward. Examples include collecting, creative and artistic pursuits, making, tinkering, sports and adult education. Engaging in a hobby can lead to acquiring substantial skill, knowledge and experience. However, personal fulfillment is the aim. People enjoy participating in competitive hobbies such as athletics, hockey, tennis etc.
What are hobbies for some people are professions for others: a chef may enjoy playing computer games as a hobby, while a professional game tester might enjoy cooking. Generally speaking, the person who does something for fun, not remuneration, is called an amateur (or hobbyist), as distinct from a professional.
Types of Hobby:
                         1. Collecting
                         2. Games
                         3. Outdoor recreation
                         4. Performing arts
                         5. Creative hobbies
                         6. Scale modeling/dioramas
                         7. Cooking
                         8. Gardening
                                          8.1 Indoor gardening
                                          8.2 Water gardening
                                          8.3 Container gardening
                         9. Fish keeping
                       10. Reading
                       11. Sports
                       12. Photography

These are only few types of hobby. There are so many kind of hobbies we cant list it out. As I write above that personal fulfillment is the aim of hobby. So its depend on the person what. 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment